That's kind of the way my mind has been rolling this last little while.
The brain has been full of stuff. Just not necessarily light hearted, fun filled, smiley faced stuff.
I went to the CBC. That's not to say that the CBC wasn't fun filled and full of smiley faces! The conference itself was really great and so were the ladies. Unfortunately my hormones were not that great. I seriously dislike hormones.
Would be a more appropriate words for the feelings that I have for the hormonal fluctuations that seemed to be in control of my body and emotions that weekend.
Normally when I get like that I can kind of fake my way through and everything is good. This time around? Not so much. We are talking sitting in a bathroom stall crying hormonally.
I almost left the CBC social on Friday night and just went to a movie by myself. Thankfully, Amber and DeNae came to my rescue and forced me inside. Then I got the best hug and greeting ever from Annie. (Seriously, she gives the best hugs.) I'm afraid I didn't reciprocate it in the best way because of the H. word. I'm sure I came off as stand offish and boring.
I sat with Amber, Kristina, Veronica and Sherrie and felt like, as Sam from iCarly would say, a total nub.
(Does it make me a nub that I referenced iCarly? I not so secretly love that show.)
I even got chap stick from Jessica at Bern This! Not that that makes me special or anything because she gave out chap stick to pretty much everyone. And still I felt like a nub.
I saw Wonder Woman and Rachel as I left early. (At least I believe it was Rachel. The state of mind I was in as spoke with them left a lot to be desired.) I said a quick hello and goodbye to Jessica from Duck, Duck, Cow and Jo and a group of other ladies as they sat out in the hallway chatting and I fled the scene.
What was wrong with me?? Gah!
Saturday the hormones were a little bit more manageable. Thanks again to Amber for letting me be her shadow. The classes I attended were good. I still felt totally off of my game.
Some of the highlights from Saturday were.
- Listening to Matt Townsend. I am SO signing up for one of his date nights. Oh yes I am. He was fabulous! I was in tears about the puffy shorts.
- Sitting next to The Mormon Therapist and getting her card. I'm pretty messed up and so is my family. I can use all the help I can get.
- Having Jessica from Bern This reenact her flight into Salt Lake complete with the bear hug that she was giving to the lady in her seat next to her. It was awesome.
- Getting to ride in Kristina's car to go and get some lunch.
- Sitting in on Annie Valentine's class about writing.
- Meeting Crash from The Crash Test Dummy Diaries. (I seriously thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I met her.) And then sitting between her and Amber in a class about getting published given by Annette Lyon and giggling we were reading Jessica's post about her first experience with tampons on Ambers phone. I couldn't stop laughing!! (My deepest apologies Annette.)
- Then having Crash think that I was actually TAMN. BAAAAAAAA! I hope this case of mistaken identity doesn't anger TAMN because I'm all tub-o-lardy and she's well... not. That and I don't dress my kids identical nor have a husband in law/medical/dental school. May Crash and I avoid the wrath of TAMN.
- Getting to drive Annie and Crash in my car. (They have no idea how close they came to being kidnapped.)
- Finally figuring out where I knew Judi from! She's a facebook friend but I've never met her or visited her blog! I finally figured this out just before I left the conference and was able to go up and say hi. She was one of the great volunteers that helped put the CBC together.
- Getting to give Motherboard a big hug and tell her what a fabulous job she (and everyone who helped put the conference together) did.
- Watching Amber and DeNae interact as sisters. It was bitter sweet because of the loss of my older sister just a few months ago but it really and truly was wonderful seeing them together and being able to spend time with them. Thanks, ladies, for letting me have a glimpse into your world.
Wow that was kind of long. Wrap it up Shanna.
CBC was great. Hormones? Not so much.